International mobility

Université Grenoble Alpes has many agreements with universities both within Europe (in particular through the Erasmus scheme) and outside of it.

As a mobility student, you remain affiliated to your initial institution during the length of your stay abroad, and receive the degree of your initial institution when you come back to France (provided you have successfully validated the relevant credits). You do not have to pay the fees in the host university.

In order to study abroad, you must first contact the service for international relations within your education department ("unité de formation et de recherche"), which will be able to inform you about opportunities, application processes, as well as available financial support.

Going abroad outside of a mobility scheme

If you wish to study within a higher education institution abroad, but outside of a formal mobility agreement scheme, you have to apply directly to that institution for information about the application process, criteria of selection, and possible fees as a foreign student.

Universities which welcome mobility students usually require the following documents: 

  • Degrees, properly translated
  • Transcripts
  • Proof of language proficiency
  • Cover letter and resume
  • Recommendation letter from a professor
Published on  January 30, 2020
Updated onFebruary 19, 2020